A few weeks ago, I was invited to Pepper Smash to taste some items from their menu. I am such a fan of this place. The people over there are such talented mixologists. In order for anyone to become a bartender at Pepper Smash, no matter their years of experience prior, they have to begin as an apprentice. The skill and knowledge truly shows.
The pimiento cheese is wonderful. It didn’t last long at our table. My most favorite drink from the list below is a toss up between the Triple M’s Explosion and Ramos Gin Fizz. The presentation of the Triple M’s Explosion is gorgeous, and it tastes delicious. The Ramos Gin Fizz is perfect for a brunch beverage, or really anytime. I cannot believe there are egg whites in it. The flavor is so fresh and frothy.
Items Shown Above Listed in Order:
1. Pimiento cheese with bacon jam, pickled shishito pepper, and sourdough bread
2. Triple M’s Explosion – Pineapple and strawberry infused vodka frozen with liquid nitrogen garnished with a strawberry slice
3. Galactus – Acai berry liquor, New Amsterdam gin, Deep Eddy vodka, triple sec, Bacardi, lime juice and lemon juice served in a beaker for two
4. Ramos Gin Fizz – Fords gin, orange blossom water, egg white, lemon juice, simple syrup, soda water, and a splash of heavy cream
5. Singria – Chateau Ste Michelle, Tepache, Pamplemousse, pineapple juice, orange juice
6. Bellini – Peach puree, lime juice, Wycliff, Cruzan white rum
If you have not been to Pepper Smash yet, I highly recommend it. You can participate in their monthly mix-off contests where you will get the chance to sample the winning drink. These events are fun and entertaining. The folks at Pepper Smash know how to have a good time.
What is your favorite item from the Pepper Smash menu?