It’s been a long time since I shared a post about how to grow your Instagram followers. So much has changed with the new algorithm, but it’s a great time to see how engaged your audience is. These are the tips I know work as of today.
I’ve been using Instagram for a few years now. When the algorithm changed, I did see a slowdown in my engagement. It required me to rethink how I engage with others. Many of the things on my list I do on a regular basis.
Here’s a list of 50 ways I know to grow your Instagram followers. Instagram is regularly updating and testing their app with new features. This list will continue to evolve with time.
50 Ways to Grow Your Instagram Followers
1. Host a giveaway.
2. Get on PR account followings and email lists.
3. Collaborate with others.
4. Feature others.
5. Follow and don’t unfollow.
6. Like other’s photos.
7. Comment on other’s posts.
8. Take high-quality photos.
9. Have a cohesive theme.
10. Work with brands.
11. Enter a loop giveaway.
12. Utilize live videos.
13. Show more personal content under Instastories.
14. Use emojis.
15. Tag brands to get potential features.
16. Promote your photos under a business account.
17. Use hashtags (up to 30).
18. Interact with posts under hashtags.
19. Use emoji hashtags.
20. Create a business account for detailed insights.
21. Attend local, social events.
22. Join local groups with others of similar interests ie. fashion or food blogger groups.
23. Don’t always share photos in real-time.
24. Reuse some of your favorite content by utilizing flashbacks and throwbacks.
25. Create a content schedule or calendar.
26. Post 1-3 times a day.
27. Experiment with flatlays.
28. Utilize the Boomerang feature.
29. Create collages.
30. Feature story highlights.
31. Participate in live requests on live video .
32. Create a poll on your Instastory.
33. Select multiple photos to post at once under a gallery.
34. Use a filter like Clarendon.
35. Respond to those who comment on your posts.
36. Avoid banned hashtags.
37. Don’t like, follow, or comment too quickly.
38. Utilize location services or geotag where you go.
39. Create Instastory links if you have a big enough following (over 10,000).
40. Use hashtag stickers on Instastories.
41. Try the rewind camera.
42. Make slow-motion videos.
43. Post at the best times of day.
44. Follow hashtags.
45. Sign up for sponsored brand accounts online ie. Social Fabric.
46. Participate in trending content and hashtags.
47. Have a personable bio.
48. Create an interesting profile photo.
49. Post inspirational quotes.
50. Write thoughtful captions.
I hope you learned something new from this list. Things are changing all of the time on Instagram. Maybe I’ll create another list of ideas later in the year.
Let me know if you have any tips to add to this list. I’d love to know some of the ways you grow your following. You might see it featured in another post.
Don’t forget to read my last blog post about 30 lessons I’ve learned from my friends over 30. You might have some advice to add. I love learning from others!
I’m currently getting back in the swing of things after seeing my family. I’ve missed my zoo so very much, but they are quite a handful. We’re all getting a routine down again.
As usual, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram for daily updates. Subscribe to my blog for weekly updates. Check back soon to read about what else I’ve been up to.