Last year I did a blog post about the 29 lessons I learned before turning 30. This year, I decided to gather advice from my friends on Facebook and Instagram. I took 30 bits and pieces of their advice and compiled it into this post.
One of my favorite things about life is learning from others. I like to think of other people as life coaches. When we learn to humble ourselves, we open up the chance to understand valuable lessons in life.
In my early 20s, I felt at times like I was accomplishing absolutely nothing, when in fact I was living life exactly how I wanted to. I’d compare my life to others and think how much others were doing compared to me. As I neared 30-years-old, I realized just how much I had actually done in my life up until that point. There were so many reasons to be grateful and proud.
Here is what I put together for this 30 lessons post. I hope you’re able to take something away from this list. If you see something you’d like to add, leave it in the comments below.
30 Lessons I Learned From My Friends Over 30
1. Mistakes create success.
2. Learn to listen to your body and understand when something is wrong.
3. Have more confidence in yourself.
4. Sometimes you’re more fruitful being soulmates who function apart.
5. Don’t expect others to do things for you.
6. Learn to manage your money better.
7. Stop rushing life.
8. Enjoy single life. Take your time before kids and marriage.
9. Take care of yourself and your health.
10. Life is too short to be stressed.
11. One day the right person will come into your life when you least expect it.
12. Always listen to your heart.
13. Invest in experiences.
14. Some relationships just aren’t worth it.
15. You’re not being selfish if you let go.
16. Work as much as you can.
17. Be a lifelong experiential learner.
18. You are not fat.
19. Make things work.
20. Just do it.
21. You can have it all, even if it’s not all at once.
22. Use eyecream and wear SPF.
23. It’s OK to say no.
24. Write your own story.
25. Live your life with no regrets.
26. Prioritize what matters most.
27. Learn balance.
28. Be what you want to be.
29. So much of what you think matters doesn’t matter at all.
30. Being different will take you further than fitting in.
I had so much fun writing this 30 lessons blog post with the help of my friends on Facebook and Instagram. It’s inspiring to read all of the things we learn as we get older. There is so much to look forward to when you think of how much you don’t know.
Thank you so much to everyone that responded to my posts looking for your advice! I loved reading through and commenting on what you learned over the years. We all have something to teach one another.
If you don’t follow me on Facebook, you can find a lot of different content than on any of my other social media platforms. I like to use Facebook to share and ask for different kinds of advice. It’s a great platform if you’re looking for feedback.
I just returned from a two and half week trip to Wisconsin to visit my family. It’s become so important to me that I see my family as my priorities start to change in life. They inspire and encourage me as much as I hope I do for them.
My mom gave me this Erin Condren planner and other goodies as part of my Christmas present this year. I’m so excited about these goodies to help get ready for another exciting year. I have so many goals lined up.
If you didn’t see my Instagram post, I’m looking to set up more collaborations this year. I love working with others to build something great. We can achieve our goals faster when working together.
As usual, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram for daily updates. Subscribe to my blog for weekly updates. Check back soon to read more about what I’ve been up to!
Don’t forget to, also, read my last post on my best nine of 2017 from Instagram. I’m looking forward to another amazing year of adventures and growth. It’s so much fun seeing which were my most loved posts.